I am typing this on my phone, so I won’t be overly verbose, but this is about dessert. Real dessert. Not “I am eating paleo so I am going to pretend this tastes as good as real dessert” dessert.
This is decadent, chocolately, coconutty yumminess. I hope you make these, and I hope you love them.
Paleo (ish) chocolate-covered macaroons
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
2 egg whites
2 tbsp honey
Splash of rum
Chocolate sauce: 6 oz 86% dark chocolate, 1 tbsp butter. Melted together in a double boiler. You can easily forgo the butter.
Preheat oven to 350 deg F
1. Whip egg whites and rum until stiff, slowly adding honey while whipping
2. Fold in coconut
3. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet
4. Bake for 15 mins, until cookies are mostly firm but slightly spongey
5. Cool the cookies
6. Once cool, dip in the chocolate sauce (or drizzle over the top with a spoon)
7. Refrigerate for 1 hour to let chocolate set
Note that, because these have butter, they should be kept cold until serving or the chocolate will get messy. Enjoy!